Thursday, May 21, 2009

God is Great

This time of year is just another reminder of how great our God is. Spring in Michigan couldn't be more beautiful. This morning I was able to get two quick (blurry) shots of the baby robins by my front door. New life is a very cool thing. Mama Robin would really rather I not peek at her babies, but I just can't help myself!

The birds are singing, the grass is green and my flowers are blooming. Here a few treasures in my yard:

Two beautiful Lilac bushes that smell like heaven.


Lilly of the Valley. May's flower and one of my favorites. I always think of my wedding as I had Lilly of the Valley in my bouquet.
This could be a weed for all I know. It's just a very cool looking plant.

The last of the daffodils. Just such a cheery flower!
I noticed last night that the Iris is starting to bloom. Maybe in the next few days I'll get a shot of that. Iris always reminds me of my grandma. She had many in her yard and they were her pride and joy each spring!
I hope you can take some time to enjoy the Spring that God has given us. It's a time for new beginnings. I almost feel like this is the beginning of the year instead of January 1st!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love spring - it always promises life anew! Such pretty, pretty flowers. My iris' starting blooming 2 days ago.
Happy anniversary my dear friend!