Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring in Michigan

Yes, Spring is here! The weather has been wonderful and the tulips and daffodils are blooming, the trees are turning green and my attitude is so much happier!! Another sure sign it's springtime in Michigan are the robins return. My cat surely has been happy with all the birds in the yard. One mama robin in particular has caught the attention of Zoe. She is perched on the front porch daily. Well come to find out, she has made her nest right next to our front door!

Here is the wreath that Greg gave me many years ago for our anniversary. Each spring I get it out and hang it next to the front door.


Here is the surprise inside this year!



I cannot wait to see the three little babies. We've asked the kids to not use the front door as much, or if they do, try to call out to mama robin that you are coming up the walk so she flies away before she is startled. Kaitlin came home late the other night and didn't know about our little nest. She was terrified when mama robin flew away as she approached the front door. She even came in our room at midnight to tell us we had a nest next to the front door!!

I'll try to get more photos when the babies are born. It's tricky because I don't want to get too close to the nest. Oh, and here is Zoe on her perch. She is constantly watching over mama robin!

No comments: