Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

Well, surgery last week went very well. I've had a pretty good recovery. Only three days of really being down. My sling is now off for good! Yeah! I really feel a lot better today. Still achey and sore, but not like the pain I had before surgery. I'm so thankful it's over and I feel like it was successful.

Today I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Because I'm not 100% yet, everything I do seems to take me twice as long! But, I was able to get the jello molded salad, the best spinich dip, and about six dozen pumpkin cookies made! Greg is now putting the tables up and cleaning up the folding chairs. Dinner is in the oven for tonight and then I'll just have to clean bathrooms and kitchen floor. Tomorrow morning, I'll make the stuffing, Greg will peel the potatos and the turkey will go in the oven around 10 a.m. My family arrives at 12:30 for football and dinner should be served around 2:30 p.m.

Tonight I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thinking of my dear friend Patti and her upcoming second surgery on Friday. I know she'll be fine and she will be blessed with lots of prayers during her surgery and recovery. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who has taken care of me during my recovery and helped me with all the Thanksgiving preparations. I'm also thankful for my beautiful daughters. Although they can annoy their momma (!), they are wonderful girls and each in their own way so very special.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you enjoy your Turkey with your family and friends!

No comments: