Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Monday...

And believe it or not, I'm happy! I got through my list over the weekend, with the exception of taking a nap (didn't feel like I needed one) and scrapbook shopping/scrapbooking (just didn't get to it). It was a good weekend. Quiet, productive and peaceful. Nothing exciting, just very nice!
On top of it all, last night our doorbell rang and it was our friendly police officer. They got our tv! They are arresting the guy today. Some of my rings are now in evidence (I feel like I'm on a cop tv show!) and they took pictures of the tv and we had to sign for it. Very exciting. I just want two things... this guy to pay for what he did wrong and for Kaitlin to understand that being honest and doing the right thing pays off. Getting our tv and my rings back is a bonus I never thought would happen. I was uneasy last night and didn't sleep well. I kept thinking that possibly he would come back in anger, but he is such an idiot, he was probably thinking of where to hide from the police. Hopefully he doesn't and they can bring him in today. Maybe now we'll be on the upswing - we need some Good Luck!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news!! I never did ask you what rings exactly were taken.....please don't let it be your mom's wedding ring? I'll be praying that he's taken into custody today!

Lisa said...

Thank God NOT my moms special diamond. A pearl and another ring that was my moms. Others were costume"ish" but I wore all the time. I got some back and am hoping they recover the rest. I'm also praying they get him today. I want him to realize how stupid he was and it's not ok to steal!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to find a post dated 1/28/09 - can you find it????? ;)