Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tatertot Casserole

I made one of our families favorite dishes last night -- tatertot casserole. The recipe is so easy and it's a quick weeknight dinner. Last night it was Greg, Allison and I home for dinner. Usually, we'd have leftovers (which I LOVE for lunch the next day), but for some reason it tasted so very good that we ate the entire casserole!! Yes, we are pigs. No leftovers today!


Tatertot Casserole

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 can cream mushroom soup
milk
1 can green beans
1 bag frozen tatertots
cheddar cheese

In a casserole dish, mix a little milk with the soup to make a sauce. Add the browned ground beef, tatertots and green beans; mix well. Add about a handful of shredded chesse, mix in. Then sprinkle another big handful of cheese over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degress for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!

(How do you like my technical recipe... a little milk -- a handful of cheese... sorry - that's how I cook!!)

Another little hint for quick weeknight dinners. I cook several pounds of ground beef at one time and freeze one pound containers. When I'm ready to make a casserole, chili or tacos, I just pull the already cooked beef out of the freezer and microwave for a minute or so and then add to recipe. Easy peasy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy peasy lemon cheesy............I love leftovers too & was so delighted to have leftover meatloaf (mom's recipe) & mashed potatoes all week. Yummmmmmmyyyyy! Was supposed to freeze some for Shaun - but it didn't happen. ;/