Wednesday, December 10, 2008

O' Christmas Tree

Last Saturday during the Winter Storm Warning we made our way to Allegan to cut our Christmas tree! It was cold and it was windy and it was snowing so hard, but we had fun! It was probably the fastest I've ever found our tree! The kids had some hot cocoa and tried to get warm by the fire while we had the tree bailed. It was a great little tree farm, family owned and they were very friendly. Once the tree settled and dried Allison and I decorated it. I was up late, but it was done on Saturday night and it's so pretty! I always love our tree. It's really Christmas time with a tree and pretty packages underneath!



After the tree was decorated and I was the only one still up, I really enjoyed looking over our ornaments and they sparkled on the tree.
This ornament is always the first one on the tree! Greg made it when he was a little boy and it means a lot to him and now to me and the girls too!
This disco ball brings back great memories! I was having a disco themed Christmas party with a group of girls one year and my good friend Nancy (who wasn't even coming to the party!) found this ornament and gave it to me.
This little drum always makes me sing "The Little Drummer Boy" song! One of my sweet little daycare kids gave it to me for Christmas about 9 years ago. He was an adorable little guy and told me it was very breakable and be careful not to drop it or his mom will get mad!!
And this is an ornament that I got Greg many years ago. It's so true! He is such a hot rod and now he owns one!
This ornament always makes me sad. I found this shopping in Shipshewana the summer after my mom died. Every year I read the poem and think of my mom celebrating Christmas with Jesus. I'll bet it's the best Christmas she's ever had.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought Greg had always had a hot rod........ :) Sorry - couldn't resist.
As for the heavenly ornament, I have one too & yes, it also makes me cry. But they are celebrating a birthday party with Jesus like none here on earth!