Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas one and all! What a great Christmas our family had. Christmas Eve was spent with Greg's family. It was the first time in 10 years that we have celebrated with Greg's brother and children. It was fun and fast! They were ripping open presents so fast I missed most of it! The food was great and when we got home, we were all happy to get into our new Christmas Pjs!

Christmas morning was nice and leisurely! Greg and I slept until 8:30 a.m. Allison woke up by 9:00 a.m. and we had to wake Kaitlin up shortly after! Santa was good to my girls as usual! Stockings were full of goodies and the much wanted cell phones were under the tree. Plus lots of other good things for the girls and for Greg and I.




In the afternoon we went to my brother Rick's house for my side of the family's celebration. My brother Jeff and his wife arrived from Tennessee and my cousin Jane joined us too. Julie & Tom's granddaughter, Logan was with them and it was so fun to have a toddler at Christmas again! We laughed and enjoyed good food and lots of treats.





Christmas is all about family and I have a wonderful family to share it with. My dad was happy to be surrounded by all of his children. It only happens a few times a year, so it makes it all the more special at Christmas.

I have spent today happily relaxing and doing pretty much nothing all day! I am tired and content and ready for my bed and my book!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day you had! I'd be resting & doing nothing today to.....oh wait, actually I pretty much did! :)