Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I took a day off....

of work to stay home and WORK! Yesterday I did 8 loads of laundry, dusted the whole downstairs, scrubbed the kitchen floor, stripped and washed the bedding, bought a new vacuum and swept the entire house with it - worked great! Scrubbed two of the three bathrooms and made the best pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy ever! Wow. When I got into bed to read a magazine and watch Dancing with the Stars last night, I realized that I had only sat down three times all day... lunch, in the car (to buy the vacuum) and dinner. I was beat. I worked harder at home than I do all day at WMU! But, it felt so good to get caught up. And I was home alone - loud music and singing all day. Is it sad that I love a day like that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Most definitely not!!!! I'm loving "empty nesting" more & more....it will be even better when Chad actually does empty completely from our nest. Oooo, did I say that out loud??