Sunday, May 29, 2011

Today's DIY Project

I've had this window for several years...

At first I was going to put four scrapbook pages in each window and hang it over our bed. Then I thought I'd do wall words in each pane and again hang over our bed. I never did anything.

Then, I became addicted to the website Pinterest. Yes, addicted. That could be an entire post in itself. Anyway, I saw something perfect for me on Pinterest and perfect for my window. Today, the window became a jewelry holder.



First, hubby removed the glass for me. Then we roughed it up a little bit and cut
some yard cloth to size and stapled it to the back.



I hung it in the perfect spot between the two front windows in my bed room.



I used small open "S" hooks to hang my beaded jewelry.



Taa-Daa!!!


A close up.... yes, I made about 95% of this jewelery.
I filled the entire thing and I have a lot more beaded jewelery...
But, I'm thrilled with the results and it was a fun project for a rainy day!

So, if you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, and you've already joined, you can find me here:
http://pinterest.com/lyoutzy/
If you haven't joined, it's by invitation, so let me know and I'll send you an invite!

Enjoy!


No comments: