Friday, December 4, 2009

Crafts and Cookies

I'm in the Holiday spirit! I saw this idea on someone's blog... really I must be better at paying attention. So, I'm sorry I cannot give credit where it's due. This is not my idea, but my version. If you know me, you know I'm no where near perfect and in fact when crafting, tend to like the imperfections that make it homemade. So, this is now hanging in my guest bathroom. LOVE it!
It is simply punched squares of coordinating patterned scrapbook paper in an 11" x 17" frame. I die cut "Be Merry" and glued it on. I think I will do this for each season/holiday for this bathroom. Maybe next time it will be a little more even!! I don't care - I love it!
This idea I saw somewhere too.... can't even remember if it was online or on tv. Anyway, I bought a big container of shatter proof ornaments and I strung them on a hanger. First I hot glued the tops on so I didn't have any falling ornaments. I hated working with the hanger and will probably end up remaking it and putting it on a thinner wire. I don't have the hand strength to twist the hanger, although it holds all the ornaments nicely. This wreath greets you as you come in my front door.


Last night I made one of my favorite Christmas Cookies - Nestle Crunch Snowballs. YUMMY!! They are a perfect little butter cookie with Nestle Crunch bars in the dough and then rolled in powdered sugar. What could be better? Why sharing with you of course! ENJOY!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
5 (1.55 oz. each) NESTLÉ CRUNCH Candy Bar, chopped(about 15 snack size are perfect)
1/4 cup powdered sugar


Directions
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. BEAT butter, 3/4 cup powdered sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour. Stir in chopped Crunch bars. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.


BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly browned. SIFT 1/4 cup powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheet; cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired. Store in airtight containers. Freezes really well.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that wreath!!! Too cool. The framed "quilt" is an inspiration as well. The cookies - I would like them much better if you shared the real thing & not just the recipe. ;)
Merry Christmas my dear friend!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

After all that paper rollin you are up for another project? Wow that is inspiring. I thought your fingers would still be sore. HA