Monday, October 5, 2009

Paper Beads


Thanks to my blogger friend Becky at http://infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com/ I tried something new and fun (a bit messy, but cool). I made paper beads. Those that know me know I spend lots money and time on beading. I choose some coordinated scrapbook paper and went to town.



I rolled my paper strips up and glued the ends with the Diamond Glaze.
Then I used a small paint brush and put two coats of the Diamond Glaze all over the beads and let them dry. Small hint here - toothpicks would be handy! I didn't realize I didn't have any until it was too late! I used the inside of an ink pen, which worked fine.


After the beads were dry and oh so pretty I strung them on some wire with silver spacers and then used the black tubing to hide the wire. Very cool necklace. I'm anxious to play around with other colors and designs of scrapbook paper. These aren't by any means perfect - what first attempt is! But I love the uniqueness of it. Thanks Becky - keep on keeping on with those cool ideas!



I'm home today with a sickie. Poor Allison has a BAD case of the flu. They don't test here, unless you go to the hosptial. Her doctor said to assume she has H1N1 and treat the symptoms. Poor thing is miserable.

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Great job Lisa. I will post it this week on my blog!